Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holly & Meljean

Holly Lisle has an excellent post here:  Rebel Tales: My War for the Midlist concerning the current state of midlist authors and the expectations of building a writing career with royalties from their backlist titles. Most publishers allow these titles to go out of print, forcing authors to rely more heavily on the amount of future novels they generate. It was an  informative column and something I didn't know about the current state of publishing. She has outlined a plan to do something about this sad state of affairs beginning with her launch of  Rebel Tales and I am one hundred and ten percent behind the concept. I'll be watching closely and crossing my fingers that her serialized e-zine takes off.


Also, Meljean Brook's awesome Guardian Series released Demon Blood (The Guardian Series) yesterday. Go forth and buy! I am certainly going to. To read an excerpt, go here: Demon Blood Excerpt.

No comments: